Bride Paper Dolls



At the risk of sounding full of myself, how adorable are these bridal paper dolls I illustrated?!?! As a child I absolutely loved playing with paper dolls and their different outfits, accessories, and hairstyles.
I was hired to sketch these two brides, as well as two wedding dress options, for Studio Wed's Atlanta Bridal Expo invitation. Not only was it my first time sketching paper dolls, but it was also my first time seeing my work printed by a letterpress printer.
I really love how it turned out, I just wish I had two copies so one could go in my flat portfolio and I could "play" with the other; pop all the pieces out, stand them up, and maybe even walk them down an imaginary isle. . .ahh to be a kid again.

Leave a Comment

Reyni Ramírez said...

adorable!!!!!! so cute!!

Ashley said...

Yes they are adorable. I love them.

Unknown said...

aww soo cute.. I want one :3
I love paper dolls ^^"

Anonymous said...

Yes they are fabulous! I too loved paper doll cut outs as a child. You should cut them out and walk them down the aisle!

Brooke Hagel said...

Thank you guys! I know, I'm dying to pop them out but I really shouldn't! Its important to save them and put em in the portfolio. :(

Yellow Rose said...

Very cool! I love your blog!

Angela said...

Those are too cute! Hehe... I want to pop'em out and play with them, too. I'm sure it's very hard to resist!

traci zeller designs said...

Brooke! I met you at the Nate after-party. You are AMAZING!!! I absolutely adore your fashion illustrations. I got married almost eight years ago, but now that I saw your custom bride illustration listing on etsy, I'm rationalizing!!!

Emily A. Clark said...

Hey Brooke! Just thought I would pop over and say hi. We met at the Rue party/Nate show. I've been studying your Etsy shop. I love your work and am racking my brain for a project to use some of these in. Don't worry-I will think of something :) They're too good not to use.


Emily

IamHagel said...

Why have I never seen those. They are pretty cool

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Oh you are so talented! I just love them!

xo,
Crystal

Lalu said...

so cute!! so cute!! so cute!! so cute!! so cute!! so cute!! so cute!!