Chic Cape Illustrations



A chill has officially hit the New York air and its given me the itch to find the perfect fall cape. I was hopping around online, searching my go-to online stores for the right one for me. After an hour or so I decided to give it a rest and catch up on some of my favorite blogs. . .So what do I see on the very first blog I click on, Garance Dore, but this uber charming and chic capped sketch! I've gushed over Garance in the past (here), but I felt like I had to share this story with you and repost her capped sketch along with one of mine. I love it when things like this happen!
Nearly two years ago after a trip to Iceland, inspired by all the caped Icelandic girls I spotted, I drew Dylan here. She's been up in my Etsy shop for a while, and is one of my personal favorites. (She was also the illustration I chose for my very first Fabulous Doodles post.)

Leave a Comment

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Thanks for the intro to Garance Dore, Brooke. Loving both of your sketches.

Hope you had a fab weekend.

Will xo

gi. said...

just stumbled across your blog and am happy I did so! will be coming back for more :)

gi.

www.dirtylaundryandeverythingelseiairdry.blogspot.com

Prad Savania said...

Wow, that first image is super cool! Uber interesting blogspot!

Check out my shoe design BlogSpot? All my designs are hand-drawn also! Take care and keep up the good work! X

Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com

DG said...

LOVE your illustrations!

Krista said...

Brooke,

I love all your designs and check out your Etsy store regularly:)...I love how everything is simple and clean, and yet always interesting-- like I need to see the illustrations even closer to appreciate the details:)...

You're artwork is really inspirational!

saturatedcanary.com

Teaka said...

I'm in love with your designs and find it very inspirational. I love your little tutorials you have of rendering fabrics and things.
May I ask, what type of paper do you find is best for your sketching since you are using markers?

Fashion Nicotine said...

Fabulous illustations!!

Brooke Hagel said...

Thank you everyone!

TeakA- I use any paper really. I used to use (In college) special marker paper, Graphics360 I'm pretty sure it was called. But its pricey. Once your comfortable with the markers, and get used to manipulating them it doesn't really matter the paper you use. My sketchbook is super white card stock, which scans really nicely, but often I just grab computer paper.

As for markers, you can check out some of my previous posts under the "Tools" label. The posts are titles "Secret weapons."

Chiara said...

fantastic work!!!! <3

Chiara said...

fantastic work!!!!!