Childrenswear: Carmen



Last week I was asked by a client to work on something a little different, a fashion illustration of a chic 8 year old girl. To design her outfit I was given all the inspiration images below, along with a few directions for tweaks, such as add a third buckle to the coat, change the dress to a light floral print, and so on. I think Carmen here came out adorable, and is kind of making me want to draw more kids. (Although to be honest in the past they haven't really sold well in my etsy shop.)
(Clockwise: Coat e.BoutiqueMaje, Dress Zara, Bag Proenza Schouler at Barneys, Boots Jcrew Girls.)

Leave a Comment

Briel said...

Cute! I have an outfit that looks almost exactly like that! :)

Kellie Collis said...

That is gorgeous! I'm loving the print! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

Unknown said...

really nice!!well done^^
i'm a fashion student from germany and last semester i had to do a chidrens collection and i found it very hard to find the right facial expression and posture. i think its easier to draw adults ;)
just found your blog today and i loooove it!! i will definitely follow it!
GOD bless you!

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks Mel! I know, I have trouble with kids faces too. And men, forget about it! ;)