Bridal Costume Illustration {Pam Am}



What do you get when you take a 60's period wardrobe paired with the hottest new show on television, then add in a beautiful wedding gown worn throughout the first two episodes? My favorite new show, ABC's Pan Am. (I realize I'm about a month late here, but thanks to my dvr, I watched all four episodes last night. Better late than never right!)
Within the first five minutes of the pilot episode of Pan Am one of the leading ladies wore the most lovely wedding gown, and I instantly fell in love. Laura played by Margot Robbie, donned this elegant duchess satin gown with a fitted bodice, voluminous gathered skirt, and tiny bow detailing at the shoulders and waistband.
I quickly grabbed my sketchbook to capture the look and since I really like the outcome I've added it to BrooklitBride so you can purchase your own print of my "Laura" bridal costume illustration. I can't wait to see what the costume designers come up with next. I'm hoping there are many more elegant affairs ahead.

(Image of ABC's Pan Am taken from my tv.)

Leave a Comment

Dr. Mary said...

I've always loved fashion from the 50s and 60s. Simplicity can be so beautiful. I love this!

Brooke Hagel said...

I completely agree! To me it oozes classy refined sophistication.

Dr. Mary said...

Hey Brooke,
what are your thoughts on the new trend of black wedding gowns? Just saw the newest collection from Vera!

Brooke Hagel said...

Hello again,

I saw those too and I have a feeling the whole collection will all be available in white too. I feel like it was just one of those runway moments to secure more editorial. Although they were beautiful, I don't think too many women would opt to get married in black. (With the exception of Sarah Jessica Parker. She's mentioned how much of an anti-bride she was and regrettably chose black to get married in.) Also, Vera's dresses, bridal included, have become such a red carpet staple, so I'm sure they had that in mind in the conception stage as well.

Anonymous said...

Hello, do you know who designed 'Larua's' dress? It is so hard to find a modest gown that is beautiful these days!

Brooke Hagel said...

I don't, I'm sorry. This would be a lively option for you though!

Brooke Hagel said...

Whoops, meant lovely.