Live Fashion Illustrations for Vogue & Joie



Last week I live illustrated at another fabulous Vogue magazine soiree, this time a holiday fete with Joie at their gorgeous new shop downtown in Soho. (Coincidently its directly across the street from Piperlime, the spot of the last Vogue party I live illustrated at!) This was a much smaller more intimate party and I actually got to sketch some dashing men this time, as you can see in the photos above.
It was really a fun little holiday party. Live fashion illustrating can be a little nerve wracking but with chic party guests like these to sketch and lovely people to work with like the team from Vogue, its an honor and a pleasure and all trepidation fades fast. 

(Photos and fashion illustrations by Brooke Hagel)

Leave a Comment

everless said...

I just have to say I really love this blog. I want to be a costume designer when I am older and it is really helpful to see all the drawings and work that goes into it before the material is even layed out. I love all of your illustrations and even though I do not follow fashion it is really helpful for me to know what is in or not. So thanks for all your help :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! How long does it take you to draw each person? I'd be so afraid of messing up!

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks! They take about 10-15 minutes. Sometimes there's a little mess up, but thats the beauty of original artwork.

Bruna VirgĂ­nia da Silva said...

I loved your designS!
Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Beeijos (: