Fashion Illustrator Book Signing Success



Over the years I've illustrated many books but last week I had my very first book signing for Chloe by Design, Making the Cut and it was fantastic! I was surprised to find upon arriving that there was already a long line. Being BookExpo America, most of the attendees were teachers, librarians, publishers and students but there were also a bunch of Fabulous Doodles readers. It was so nice to chat with people from across the country about their students and family members who were aspiring designers and fashion illustrators whom they were looking forward to sharing the book with.

With all the signing excitement I neglected to make sure I had photos so when I got home I illustrated a little memento of the event, sketching out what I wore, as shown above. I'm always sketching other peoples big life moments (client and friends weddings, graduations, bat-mitzvahs, etc.) so its nice every once in a blue to draw my own.
A few days after the signing a fun surprise came when Chloe by Design publisher, Capstone sent me a link to Publishers Weekly where a photo of me and with adorable "fans" was featured in photographic highlights from the expo. Press is always exciting but friends in publishing have informed me that PW is the holy grail and this is big!

All in all my book signing was wonderful and hopefully the first of many more to come. Chloe by Design: Making the Cut is now available for pre-order on Amazon.

Leave a Comment

Beth said...

This is so great, Brooke! What a beautiful and worthy use of your talent! I'm sure this is just the beginning and there will be more books to come...

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks Beth! There's a been a few books before, but this was the first book signing. Hopefully there will be more of both in the future. ;)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! Glad you had a wonderful time :) ~ Bridget